Mechanically deburring metal parts involves both high feed rates and plenty of dirt and dust. For these reasons, DryLin® T profile rail guides from igus® were ideal for this application.
- Both main axles using linear guides, feed stroke about 1 inch
- The fast-running motors generate extremely high vibrations
- Aluminum chips, dust and high loads present
- Linear guides subject to extremely high loads
- Recirculating ball bearing linear guides can not cope
DryLin® T linear guides have carriage liners made from wear-resistant, high-performance iglide® J and run on a hard-anodized aluminum profile rail. This is an ideal tribological pairing, as the aluminum rails have approximately three times higher wear resistance in comparison to steel equivalents.
The machines are subject to extreme stress: the linear guides have to complete around 300,000 cycles per year, despite extreme vibrations, high mechanical loads, aluminum debris and dust. Some wear would be completely understandable, yet the DryLin® linear guides have been in operation for three years and 900,000 cycles without any play in the bearing.
This machine has been working without any problems now for over three years.
More than 100,000 products available! Open Mon-Fri 8:00 am - 8:00 pm EST.
No minimum order